Edinburgh of the Seven Seas is the side project of guitarist and songwriter Florian Mallet (Mudbath). After a first psychedelic and ambient guitar-focused LP " - Inlandsis - " (produced by Mathieu Croux and released on Saka Cost, 2015), Edinburgh of the Seven Seas recorded this summer a new multi-instrumental EP named "L'âtre et l'enfant" produced by Christophe Vaillant (Pony Taylor, Le SuperHomard). This material focuses mainly on acoustic folk guitar with a clear will to dig and sink into wistful sounds driven by pure and minimal strings with a touch of reverb. Edinburgh of the Seven Seas travels further down his path into intimate music with deep and vaporous electric guitar and keyboard waves while adding a hint of kindness with epic endings led by multi-guitar parts, sweet bass lines and the appearance of percussion instruments. You'll find in this psych-folk-instrumental record a touch of Rob Crow, Alex G or Bibio.
released March 1, 2017
Recorded by Christophe Vaillant and Tomi during summer 2016 and winter 2017
• Mixed and mastered by Christophe Vaillant in february 2017
• All music written and performed by Edinburgh of the Seven Seas
• Artwork by Flobath and Sanair
• LP 10" available through Saka Čost (FR), No Expectation Records (AU), Maudit Tintin (FR) and Bus Stop Press (FR)
• Tapes available through PALF (FR) and Deadplant Records (USA)